Appellate Program

Ordering the Transcript

In all cases –if a court reporter was present at the hearing to be transcribed, order the transcript from the reporter.

Most counties, however, use audio recording to capture dependency proceedings. In either case, follow the steps below:  

Notice of Appeal

    • If a court reporter was present, contact the reporter to make the arrangements for transcript preparation.
    • Otherwise, contact a transcriber from the approved county list, and submit a request to the County Clerk for the recording to be prepared and sent to the transcriber with whom you have made transcription arrangements.
    • Prepare and file a Statement of Arrangements. Ensure that the transcriber or court reporter is served with the Statement of Arrangements upon filing.

Sample Forms and Contact List

    • The Contact List is a summarized list.  To view the complete approved transcriber list a link is provided to each County Clerk website.
    • Most cost associated with ordering records in indigent appeals are paid by the Washington State Office of Public Defense.  If you have any questions, please inquire before ordering the record.


Access Washington, Official State Government Website

 Privacy | Whistleblower | Contact Us

© Copyright 2023  Washington State Office of Public Defense