Public Defense Improvement Program
OPD administers a program for the improvement of trial level criminal public defense, under Chapter 10.101 RCW. This law provides for state funding to counties and cities to improve public defense services in criminal cases. OPD also provides training and additional resources for public defense attorneys.
- Technical Assistance for Counties and Cities
- Resource Attorneys
- Resources- Juvenile Offender Cases
- Indigency Screening
- County and City Public Defender Offices
- Washington State Supreme Court Standards for Indigent Defense
- WSBA Standards for Indigent Defense Services
- WSBA Performance Guidelines for Criminal Defense Representation
- Key Cases and Analysis
- National Juvenile Defense Standards
County and City Resources
If you cannot find an answer to your question on our website, please contact an attorney with the Public Defense Improvement Program.